Zentangle Background Tutorial
Posted by Christine in / May 31, 2016
Idea #20 for Zentangle: Tangled & Journaled Too, Facebook group. Jane asked me to post a tutorial on using Tombow markers and salt. I’ve also used Dylusion sprays with salt on the last two images.
1. Gather supplies: Salt, Water mister, Tombow Markers and/or Dylusion sprays
2. Using your Tombow markers color several colors in any way you’d like.
3. Spritz water with the mister or a spray bottle and let your paints run or move around.
4. Sprinkle paper with salt. I tried several different salt, coarse, fine, whatever I had on hand.
5. Let the salt make move the paints around.
6. If there is too much water dab it with a paper towel or use a heat tool to dry your paper.
7. When dry, wipe the salt off the paper.
8. Use the paint lines as strings and tangle away.
9. Use Tuesday Tangles for some added fun.